I know that autumn has just begun. However, it is never too early to prepare for the cold season or winter for your family. If you wait too long, weatherizing products might not be in stock at your local stores. Here are some low cost ideas:
- Install a door sweep on your exterior doors along with the basement door.
- Close the damper on your chimney when not in use.
- Add attic insulation or replace old attic insulation if older than a couple years old.
- Replace your furnace filters on a monthly basis because they can get dirty, and your heater can become less effective.
- Lower your hot water heater temperature.
- Use caulk to plug holes around the outside of your windows and door frames.
- Set ceiling fan on winter setting since it can help keep the heat from rising.
Have a nice winter!
Love Dawn Lucan's World blog? Why not check out our logo store. We have a selection of shirts, household products, and more.