With the Olympics happening right now, I thought to share some sports organizations that I have come across over time. I have encountered parents who wonder what is available to them when their child is diagnosed with a disability. There are a variety of different sports available with some being free and some do have a participation fee associated with them.
- Special Olympics is a sports training and competition program that is available for a variety of different sports.
- For individuals who are deaf, there is the Deaflympics which offers a variety of different sports training and competition programs.
- For those who love soccer, there is the TOPSoccer program.
- There are team and recreational sports programs available for blind individuals through Blind Sports Organization.
- For those who dream of playing baseball, there is Challenger Little League which is available through the Little League Baseball organization.
Have fun and enjoy!
Love Dawn Lucan's World blog? Why not check out our logo store. We have a selection of shirts, household products, and more.