You have a lot of extra stuff inside your house, and you want to get rid of it. You and your family decided to have a yard sale. There are things you can do to make it a success.
- Sell seasonal stuff in season because there might not be much interest in it if you sell something out of season such as Christmas ornaments in July.
- Go through your house for items to place in the yard sale. Get rid of things that you have more than one of that you do not need. Do not forget to include clothing either.
- Have your child go through their toys for items that they are not playing with. Let them know they can keep the profits from the items that sells.
- Look for things in your closet that you have not worn in a while. There are people who are always interested in the retro look.
- Price things affordable instead of placing a high price on it. People are always looking for deals when they attend yard sales. Never price something high due to sentimental reasons.
- Have a bake sale or lemonade stand along with the yard sale. Your yard sale is not the only one that a person attends, and they do get hungry, so you could get some extra money with this idea. Have your children handle the bake sale or lemonade stand.
- Place yard sale loads of signs around with your address on it in your neighborhood and nearby neighborhoods. It can help draw people to your yard sale. Do not place them on utility poles. Include both the date and times on each sign.
- Take down the signs after the sale is over.
- Check for yard sale listings on Facebook in your area. There could be a group devoted to it which could increase sales.
Love Dawn Lucan's World blog? Why not check out our logo store. We have a selection of shirts, household products, and more.