Summer can be a frustrating time of the year for parents. Expenses increase as the thermometer increases since your kids are out of school for the summer. How can you decrease your expenses? I have included some tips to help you decrease expenses.
- Pack a lunch on the weekends if running a lot of errands instead of eating out. Turn it into a picnic lunch.
- Use cold water when possible, but you do not have to take cold showers.
- Unplug appliances and even the television when you are not using them. There are some devices out there that keeps a light on when not in use.
- Run only full loads when you run your washer, dryer, and dishwasher.
- Take advantage of garage sales and thrift stores for clothing when possible. You can find some really great deals when shopping at both places.
- Use your refrigerator and freezer to keep shelf safe foods and batteries. Both will last longer in these settings.
Love Dawn Lucan's World blog? Why not check out our logo store. We have a selection of shirts, household products, and more.