- Talk to your child about it on their age level.
- Read books to them about it at their reading level.
- Some will be interested in how they can help you. However, do not make it a mandatory issue for them to do it.
- If possible, let them visit you or the family member in the hospital.
- Have them create their own get well soon cards and posters.
I know it is not easy dealing with surgery in the future. However, there are things you can do before and after surgery to make it easier on your children.
Love Dawn Lucan's World blog? Why not check out our logo store. We have a selection of shirts, household products, and more.